Razor make some of the most popular electric scooters for kids. We have an in-depth look at 2 of their most popular models, the Razor E90 vs E200 – which is the best for your kids?
Razor E90 vs E200 – Specifications
Razor E90 vs E200 – Similarities
Both kids’ electric scooters have the same charging time
- The Razor E90 and E200 both take 12 hours for the battery to be fully charged.
Both offer the same warranty
- Both kids’ electric scooters have the same 90-day warranty.
Razor E90 vs E200 – Differences
Both have different weights
- The Razor E90 is lighter at 22lbs, while the E200 is at 43lbs.
Both differ in maximum speed
- The Razor E90 is at 10mph maximum speed, while the E200 is at 12mph.
Both have a different maximum range
- The Razor E90 has a maximum range of 10 miles, while the E200 is at 8 miles. However, manufacturers have different testing criteria for their quoted maximum range. A better way to compare the real-world range is to check the battery capacity and motor power.
Both offer different motor outputs
- The Razor E90 has a motor output of 90 watts, while the E200 has 200 watts.
Both have the same battery type
- Though both have lead-acid batteries, the Razor E90 has a single 12-volt battery, while the E200 uses 2x 12-volt batteries in a 24-volt system.
Both have different run times
- The Razor E90 has a maximum run time of 80 minutes, while the E200 is at 40 minutes.
Both have different braking systems for ease and safety
- The Razor E90 features a hand-operated front brake system, while the E200 slightly differs with a hand-operated brake system.
The Razor E90 and E200 have different recommended ages
- The Razor E90 has a recommended age of 8 years and above, while the E200 has a recommended age of 13 years and above.
Both kids’ electric scooters have different maximum weight loads
- The Razor E90 has a maximum weight load of 120lbs, while the E200 is at 154lbs.
Both offer different design and features
- The Razor E90 has a steel frame and fork. It also features foam grips, a Urethane front wheel, TPE rear wheel, and a retractable kickstand.
- The E200 has a steel frame built, hand-operated throttle, soft rubber grips, and a retractable kickstand.
Both have different color availability options
- The Razor E90 is available in either Pink or Green color options, while the Razor E200 is available in either White, Blue, or Green.
Both the Razor E90 and E200 offer fun and adventure for your kids while promoting active wellness. However, the final choice will depend on your kids’ personal preferences.
These are the following notable differences:
- The Razor E90 has a longer run time of 80 minutes per charge, which means more playtime for kids.
- The E200 is 21lbs heavier at 43lbs compared to the E90 at only 22lbs. This can be a factor depending on the user’s built and weight. However, it is important to note that the E200 is intended for older kids at 13 years old and above.
- The E200 can carry up to 154lbs, slightly higher than the standard maximum weight load for kid’s electric scooters.