Razor make some of the most popular kick scooters. We have an in-depth look at 2 of their most popular models, the Razor A3 vs A5 – which is the best for you?
Razor A3 vs A5 – Specifications
Razor A3 vs A5 – Similarities
Both have the same portability
- Both the Razor A3 and A5 are foldable for easy portability and storage.
Both have the same braking system for ease and safety
- Both the Razor A3 and A5 have an easy to use Rear Fender Brake system for safety.
Both the Razor A3 and A5 have the same weather conditions recommendation
- Both kick scooters are not recommended for wet and snowy weather.
Both kick scooters offer the same warranty
- Both the Razor A3 and A5 both have a 6-month warranty.
Razor A3 vs A5 – Differences
Both have a different recommended age range
- The Razor A3 has a recommended age of 5 years and above, while the A5 is best for kids eight years and over.
Both kick scooters have different weights
- The Razor A3 is lighter at 6lbs, while the A5 is at 8.3lbs.
Both have different maximum weight loads
- The Razor A3 has a maximum weight load of 143lbs, while the A5 is at 220lbs.
Both have different wheel sizes
- The Razor A3 has a Urethane wheel size of 4.9”, while the A5 is larger at 7.9”.
Both have different handlebar height adjustments
- The Razor A3 is at 23.5” to 32” handlebar height adjustment from the deck, while the A5 is at 31.1” to 41”.
Both have different color options
- The A3 is available in either Blue, Clear, Green, or Red.
- The A5 is available in either Black, Blue, Red, or Pink.
The Razor A3 and A5 have a slightly different design and features
- The Razor A3 has an Aluminum T-tube, deck, and a wheelie bar. It also has foam grips and spring-less suspension wheels.
- The A5 has an Aluminum frame, Urethane wheels, spongy handle grips, and a retractable kickstand.
Both the Razor A3 and A5 offer fun and adventure for your kids while promoting active wellness. However, the final choice will depend on your kids’ personal preferences.
There are only slight differences both scooters have and here are some that you might want to consider:
- Though the Razor A3 has an already larger than average wheel size, the A5 has even larger wheels at 7.9 inches. Bigger wheels are known to perform better than smaller ones, especially on rougher pavements.
- The Razor A3 has a wheelie bar for added safety.
- The A5 is bulkier at 8.3lbs, with a heavier maximum weight load of 220lbs. However, it is important to note that this kick scooter is made for bigger kids, with a recommended starting age of 8 years old.
- The handlebar height adjustment for the A5 is higher at a maximum of 41 inches. This may seem suitable for those with a taller build and can be used for longer as your child grows.